Good morning! This morning as I was preparing out from my house to my university at Sunway at 7am, I could hear the sound of the strong wind blowing as the plastics and dried leaves started flying around with a drizzle of rain. Hence, I quickly left my home to avoid the massive jam that will occur especially during rainy days. As I was driving, the rain gets heavier and heavier and thank God I managed to reach university on time (lol).
Anyway, it’s really cold and chilly now, causing me to crave for a hot bowl of noodle soup to warm up my body. Ahhh, noodle soup during this cold weather is the best! Therefore, I am in the mood to write a post on Chicken Cucumber Noodle Soup.
Whenever I complained to my friends that I am hungry, they would often tell me ‘aiyah, just cook a bowl of instant noodles la’. But I dislike instant noodles, they are a big no to me as I dislike how unhealthy they are and how artificial they tasted, with a small pack of seasoning containing so much MSG and noodles with wax (no offence to instant noodles lover). But yes, how I get the idea to create this dish, Cucumber Chicken Noodle Soup was quite random as I remembered how I was alone at home, being hungry (as usual) and just get whatever ingredients I had at home and cooked it which to my surprise tasted so good.
Now, let me go straight into explaining the ingredients and preparation needed to create this dish.
Ingredients for 4 serving:
- 1 pack of noodles of your choice
- 1 whole chicken leg
- 1/2 cucumber ( sliced into strips)
- 1 tomato ( sliced into strips)
- 1 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoons of light soy sauce
- 1 cup of dried anchovies
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of white pepper
- Wash the noodles, chicken, cucumber, tomato, and anchovies.
- Boil the noodles in a pot, once cooked, rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- In another pot, boil 1 litre of water, with anchovies put inside a cheese cloth and let it boil
- After 5 minutes, put in the chicken and let it boil together with the anchovies for 15 minutes until fragrant. Then, take out the cheesecloth with anchovies inside.
- Add the garlic, cucumber,soy sauce, salt, and pepper and let it boil for another 5 minutes.
- In the last 2 minutes before turning off the stove, add in the tomatoes.
- Turn off the stove, taking out the chicken leg and let it cool down for 10 minutes and start shredding it into pieces.
- Serve and enjoy!
There is so much to love about this bowl of tomato cucumber chicken noodles soup! This recipe is simple, as it requires only a handful of simple ingredients where you can easily purchase from your nearby supermarket and basically throwing all your ingredients in a pot to let it do its job. Besides, it is delicious as the broth is extremely tasty, as its broth is rich and flavourful from the chicken and anchovies.
In addition, with the main ingredients of cucumbers and tomatoes which contain a high content of water level, it makes it refreshing. and most importantly healthy. If you were to ask, how healthy can this bowl of noodles be? Well, the main ingredient – cucumber contains 98% of water content which helps to eliminate toxins from the digestive system, helping our digestion. Next,cucumbers are low in calories, which also helps in reducing weight loss as it contains a high content of water level, it does help to stay hydrated at the same time (this is especially helpful for girls who wants to take care of their skin).
In addition, this bowl of soup is low in calories which assist in boosting our micronutrient intake, vitamin A, and selenium consumption. Selenium consumption are important to help us fight against cancer enzymes whereas vitamin A aid in new red blood cell growth. With the addition of tomatoes in the soup which also contains 95% water content, it helps in reducing numerous types of cancer such as prostate, colorectal and stomach cancer and contains a considerable amount of calcium and vitamin K that help to maintain strong bones.
Friends, start bidding goodbye to the unhealthy bowl of instant noodles which you can conveniently cook to fill up your stomach and start welcoming your new favourite healthy bowl of comfort food – Cucumber Chicken Noodles Soup. You can even make one for your family or friends and I believe they will love you, even more, :p