Hello! September has been a really hectic month as many assignment submissions are due in this month itself. Besides, it is also a month where many of my friends and relatives have their birthdays on. Hence, being a student who always struggles from limited money or allowances, it really is quite challenging to fork out so much money to buy presents or treating them out for a meal. Because, once spent, it means that we will only be left with that limited amount of money for the rest of the month (lol).
It’s okay friends, I totally understand your concern. Hence, in this post, I would like to share with all of you a recipe – Fried Salmon which I am sure all of you will love. Doesn’t the picture itself shows how delicious and atas already? I am sure it can impress the person who you want to cook for, especially when it is home-cooked by you. I mean, who doesn’t love home cooked food better right?
Well, it is not only delicious but it is also quick and simple to prepare, requiring only a handful of simple ingredients that you can easily purchase from your nearby supermarket and 15 minutes of your time. Another bonus point is that, as salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acid DHA which is critical for the brain to function well, it is especially good for students like us to have a better concentration on our studies.
To serve this dish, I accompanied it with some french beans and baby corn as it is both crispy and sweet. Besides, they add good nutrients to the meal as well, where they can provide fibers and vitamins that are needed for our daily consumption. Now let’s jump straight to the ingredients and preparation needed to prepare this meal.
Ingredient per serving :
- 1 piece of salmon
- 1/2 lemon
- 6-8 French beans
- 2 baby corn
- 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons of capers (optional)
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- Heat the frying pan over medium heat with olive oil, fry the salmon until golden brown (about 4 minutes per side).
- Sauce: mix the fresh lemon juice, parsley, olive (double of the lemon juice), and the capers. Set aside.
- Lastly, cook the french beans and baby corn in boiled water for about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
Tomato Cabbage Soup
What is a better way to enjoy your fried salmon with a bowl of a warm, delicious, and healthy bowl of Tomato Cabbage Soup? This bowl of soup complements with the main dish – fried salmon really well, with its sweetness coming from the natural taste of the cabbage and onions, whilst the tanginess coming from the tomatoes, making it a perfect balance of your taste buds. Besides, as the salmon fish is fried, this bowl of soup could help reduce the greasiness. Now, let’s head over to the ingredients and preparations needed to make this bowl of soup.
Ingredient for 1 servings :
- 50 grams of bacon, sliced
- 1/3 cabbage, sliced
- 1/2 red / yellow onion, sliced
- 1 tomato
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 600 ml of water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat the frying pan with olive oil, add in the garlic and bacon, fry for approximately 6 minutes. Add the onions and fry for 7 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes cubes and fry for another 3 minutes.
- Pour the water and cook until it boiled.
- Lastly, add the cabbage to the soup and cook for 30 minutes until fragrant. Season the soup with salt and black pepper.
There you have it! Look how simple it is to recreate a perfect atas meal that you can enjoy at home, or serving it someone beloved without paying so much for it in an expensive restaurant. What are you waiting for? Go make one now! 🙂
Let me give you some tips of what can the cabbage soup brings a tremendous health benefit to you. Firstly, cabbage soup is an efficient way for people who are looking for short-term weight loss diet. In the soup, were low in saturated fat and almost has no cholesterol. Not only does the cabbage price is cheap, however, cabbage has a very powerful antioxidants properties, therefore, it can reduce the risk of cancer. Next, cabbage has a rich source of beta-carotene which is good to improve a person eye sights.