In this hot weather here in Malaysia – 35 degree Celcius (yes, it is THAT hot here), it causes us to feel lazy, tired, headache and sometimes even fall sick. Hence, we all crave for something icy or cold to eat or drink such as ice cream. But today, I am here to share with all my favourite go-to to drink in this hot/sunny weather. Yup, as the blog title mentioned, it is Watermelon Mint Smoothie. I bet after seeing this title, you can already imagine how refreshing this drink be. I can’t describe to you how much I love both watermelon and mint respectively! Watermelon is sweet, juicy, and refreshing while mint is SO refreshing. Hence, being the perfect drink for this hot weather. Now, let’s jump straight into the ingredients and preparations needed to create this drink.
Ingredients per serving :
- 2 cups of frozen watermelon cubes (the reason why frozen watermelons are used are to make it cold and chilly, instead of using ice cubes which will melt making it watery)
- 5-6 mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon of honey (depending on how sweet are your watermelons)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Mix the honey, lemon, and water in a glass and pour it into the blender first for easy blending
- Add in the watermelon cubes and mint leaves
Now, let me share with all of you how healthy this juice is and what health benefits can you gain! The benefits of juicing a watermelon are that it is definitely a great form of hydration method, especially when someone is going through a bad acne or breakout on the skin, lowers the blood pressure and improve eye health. Whereas for the mint leaves, it is considered as one of the highest antioxidant capacities for any food. The mint leaves helps to reduce the pain for breastfeeding, prevent ulcers, lessen the irritation of bugs bites and rashes.
That is it! Look how simple it is to prepare this delicious drink. It is not only simple but healthy and delicious! I strongly recommend you to try this drink and you will love it as much as I do.